Parking Lot Trivia
Are you smarter than a librarian? The Henry County Public Library is hosting Parking Lot Trivia! Test your knowledge of music, movies, pop culture, and more. Teams can consist of 6 people or fewer, and all team members must be in one vehicle. It’s free to play and the winning team will receive a prize.
Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. and we will begin trivia at 6:00 p.m.
How to Play:
-Arrive between 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to register your team.
-Upon arrival you will receive a paper with the rules and for note taking, a pen or pencil (that you get to keep), an answer sheet, and a bag to put all cell phones or digital devices in.
-You will then be assigned a parking space. Depending on the weather, you may bring a law chair as we will be leaving one open space between cars.
-You will turn your radio to a certain station to hear the questions, or if you are close enough you may also be able to hear the emcee through the speakers. If you don’t want to leave your car running, you can bring a radio with you to listen in.
– Parking spaces will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
– Trivia takes place after the library’s current business hours, participants may use the building for restroom breaks only, no other library services will be available during trivia.
– There are no breaks between rounds. If you need to take a break, feel free to do so, however, we will not pause the game.
– Teams will have 3 minutes to answer each question. There will be someone to collect answer sheets, but you must make sure to get your answer sheet turned in before time is up.
– In the event of a tie, the emcee will ask all the tied teams a tiebreaker question.
– The correct spelling on the answer sheets is not always required; however, the emcee must be able to recognize your team’s answers.
– Each question has only one correct answer. Submitting more than one answer or general descriptions will be scored as incorrect.
– Neatly print your team’s answers.
– When all teams turn in answer slips or once the time is up, the emcee will announce the correct answer.
– The trivia emcee will have the final say on any disputed answers.
-We strictly prohibit electronic devices and any resource materials (tablets, laptops, cell phones, note cards, etc.) for use during trivia game play. Any team found violating this rule would forfeit the round. If your team breaks this rule more than once, the emcee will disqualify your team for the rest of the game.
– In order to win trivia, your cell phone bag must be sealed upon prize pick up.
– Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
No pre-registration required to attend.
All ages welcome, but we ask that anyone under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent or guardian.